Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sun sun sun

On weekdays I'm always itching for another hour, minute, second of sleep.  Of course, today is a Saturday and so I was wide awake at 6.30.  I kicked around the idea of going for a run.  The angel and devil in my head argued for a while until I decided that I had no good reasons at all not to do it.  I had enough time, it's the warmest day since April and I would have had to shower before I went to class regardless.  I was a bit worried about not making the distance because I haven't done ANY exercise for a couple of weeks other than some netball, but I told myself if I really wanted to I could walk, and that got me out the door and across the street.

 I am SO glad I did it.  My run was more of a run/walk/run/walk/run/walk, but it was such a nice warm sunny morning.  I did the 6.5km in about 40 minutes all up, of which I probably walked 1-2km.  Walking back across the park to my flat I had a real endorphin high, which I found amusing because I didn't really work that hard, but it was probably enhanced by the weather. 

Breakfast was porridge with chia, a banana and blueberries.  I don't normally have blueberries because of the cost but they were one of the things I splurged on in my supermarket spree last night. 




Class was meant to be from 8.30 - 6 with no real break so I packed a lunch:






Obviously need to work on my photo skills.   It was bigger than it looks in the photo above.  I was starving about 1 and ate the salad in class. 
  • Spinach
  • Capsicum
  • Mushroom
  • Cucumber
  • Alfalfa sprouts
  • Bean sprouts
  • Can of tuna and beans

I lucked out and got an awesome tutor who sped our program up so we got out about 2.30 and I got to enjoy the sun.  Before I got home I stopped in a park for a quick nap, which was pretty much the most amazing 15 minutes. 

Tonight is relatively quiet.  I'm going to dinner and a concert with my mum and resisting the calls of friends to come out and party.  Tomorrow morning I'm running the first in a series of 3 races.  They are all 8km, which is totally achievable, but as I only signed up the other day (part of kicking my butt into gear) I will probably be doing the run/walk/run thing again.  Oh well, at least I am guaranteed to improve in the second race. 

Now I'm off to get my rocker girl on with my mum!  Have a good weekend everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment